1. Apply Moss Magic.
Simple to apply by watering can, cover the whole area of the lawn this will kill off the moss and harden the grass that is left. The moss will turn dark brown or even black.
2. After 4/5 days or when the moss has turned a very dark colour use a manual lawn rake or hire a scarifier from your local tool hire shop to vigorously remove all the dead moss. After this the lawn will look a mess but don't worry, the new grass will soon begin to fill out the gaps. This gives the quickest result but if you don't want to scarify or rake then the dead moss will disappear but it will take a few months and more than one application
3. Immediately after removing the dead moss fork the lawn around every 12 inches to allow air into the roots about 4 inches deep.
4. Sprinkle a top dressing over the lawn when the lawn is dry and sweep the dressing into the holes you have made with the fork.
5. Apply your feed of Lawn Magic. Within 2wks the lawn will show dramatic recovery wait for approx 10 days
6. Any areas that are not beginning to fill can be simply re-seeded, a good tip is to place your seed into standard general compost at the rate of approximately 2 parts compost (moistened) to 1 part seed overnight to help soften the seed casing leading to quicker germination.
7. Apply Lawn Magic once during October and November to ensure your grass is strong and healthy for the winter. Lawn Magic can then be applied every 2/4 weeks March to September. Using Lawn Magic will help against fungal diseases.
The top dressing referred to in point 4 can be a standard top dressing available from all garden centres or large stores Please note it is not essential to top dress but it is helpful especially in the early Spring and also in the Autumn.